As the nation plans to resume following stay-at-home orders and extreme social distancing gradually, numerous office administrators legitimately have numerous inquiries. All things considered, the COVID-19 virus is still spreading rapidly across our urban communities and towns.
The objective of each office director is to keep their facility safe, clean, and well kept. How could that be cultivated during a worldwide pandemic?
Here’s what you need to know about reopening your facility as safe as possible.
Draft out a Plan for Safe Behavior Practices
The CDC recommends that each business and facility come up with their own best practices to keep their building’s occupants as safe as possible when reopening. How can you limit exposure or risk of spreading the virus?
You may need to spread desks or workstations farther apart or take away shared items like coffee creamer in the break room to make things safer.
Other considerations for safe behavior practices in the workplace suggested by the CDC are:
- Leave doors open that do not need to be closed to limit numerous people’s need to touch door handles.
- Open windows to improve ventilation.
- Sway work schedules, having certain staff members come in on opposite days, and allow for telework when possible.
- Sanitize high-touch surfaces like phones, desktops, keyboards, staplers and touch screens frequently.
- Reduce social contact in the workplace.
- Implement non-punitive sick-leave policies and liberal work-from-home policies to allow sick staff members to stay home.
Suggestions for Retail Stores
Logistics can be complicated when anticipating how best to welcome the public back into your retail locations. Numerous stores are making passageways one approach to help promote social distancing and checking out 6 or more feet in foreseen regions of congestion to remind clients about the need to separate.
What other kinds of measures are retail stores taking?
- Posting signs at the entryways and throughout the store to remind customers of the need to adhere to social distancing.
- Implementing curbside pickup and contactless delivery wherever possible, and reminding customers of these options
- Extending space between cashiers and customers
- Not allowing customers to use reusable bags during the pandemic.
CDC recommendations state that everyone should wear a nose cover when they are around others as COVID-19 can spread even if infected people don’t feel sick. This is intended to protect others from an infected person.
Some retail stores are requesting or requiring customers to wear face masks before entry. While this is at the discretion of each store, you should decide your policy on face masks. Will you require employees to wear masks? What about clients or customers?
Knowing your stance on face masks can be beneficial as you plan how to reopen your facility.
Using Commercial Cleaning Services
Implementing all of these new procedures, staggering work schedules and wiping down high-touch surfaces can be time-consuming. How do you still have time to clean your building?
One of the best ways you can prepare to reopen your facility safely is to hire a coronavirus cleaning service.
Commercial cleaning services like Sam’s cleaning and hauling have been cleaning and sanitizing commercial facilities like yours professionally for years. Our standards are high, and we have the skills to clean and sanitize facilities that need exceptional levels of cleanliness, like restaurants and medical centers.
At Sam’s cleaning and Hauling, cleaning and sanitizing in detail is our expertise. Starting from hard-floor care to daily janitorial services, we work with facilities across a wide range of industries and can diligently care for your space to mitigate the spread of infection. Our team members are well trained to contain contagions and keep facilities as safe as possible.
What industries do we serve?
- Grocery and retail chains
- Educational facilities
- Office buildings and commercial properties
- Medical facilities
- Distribution centers
- Banks and financial institutions
Don’t depend on non-professional janitorial cleaning services to clean and sanitize your business. Now is the time to bring in the professionals at Sam’s cleaning and Hauling, Houston, for all of your commercial cleaning services.
Request a quote today.